Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Plotting a calendar

As part of my prep for this blog, I was checking my Meredith calendar against various calendars on the web.  The Meredith calendar lists one food for each day, probably in the interest of space, but some days are days where multiple foods are featured.  Some foods get more than one day!  (Which is totally not cool.  That's just greedy.)  Some calendars disagree on certain days - for example, one calendar says Popcorn Day is Jan 19, while another says Jan 31.  (And don't even get me started on Waffle Day - I've got five different dates so far!) I'll need to do a little more legwork to figure out how to resolve some of these conflicts.

One things I have noticed, though, is a sad lack of vegetables.  Oh, there's a Vegetarian Month and week, and a "Eat Your Fruits and Veggies" day, but no "Collards Day" or "Broccoli Day."  At least, I haven't found those.  Perhaps, if I manage to keep this blog going for the full  year, my next project would be to create a "healthy" or "vegetable" calendar where each day is honoring a different vegetable. Maybe I could even get different groups to join in and help promote the days.  Doable?  Maybe.  We'll see how I go with this blog first.

No comments:

Post a Comment