Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27: Chocolate Cake Day

Today's Chocolate Cake Day.  I'm not a huge fan of chocolate cake.  Oh, I'll not refuse a piece if someone offers me one at a party, but I've always prefered other cakes instead of chocolate cake. 

Some people like their chocolate cakes dense and almost fudge-like.  Some prefer a light and airy chocolate cake.  Some make their cakes from a boxed cake mix while others insist on cakes only made from scratch.  One friend always put a spoonful of mayo in her chocolate cake batter, claiming it gave the cake a smoother texture.  Even though I was grossed out when I first heard this (I don't like mayo) it makes sense - I assume the oil in mayo is somewhat like using oil to make a chiffon cake.

However you like your chocolate cake (less cake and more icing, perhaps) today's the day to celebrate the indulgence that is chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment