Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 28: Blueberry Pancake Day

Blueberry pancakes are totally scrumptious.  I don't like using the large, juicy blueberries that you can regularly buy at the store.  Instead, I prefer using the smaller wild blueberries.  I find that using the large blueberries makes it hard to flip the pancakes (I like to use a lot of blueberries.)  When I'm at my parents and it's the right season, I'll pick blueberries right off the bush, wash them, then toss them in the batter.  I can't wait until it's blueberry season again.

I also find that blueberry pancakes are usually sweet enough I don't need syrup.  Sometimes, I may use honey, but normally just topping the pancakes with bananas is good enough.  It's almost like having blueberry-banana panacakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment