Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Introduction

Did you know that every day is some sort of food holiday?  More accurately, a food observation day?  And every month is at least one food month?  Using a calendar put out by Meredith College's Nutrition Department and various internet resources, I've put together my own food calendar of what each month and day is.  My goal with this blog is to attempt a food related to the food observance of the day.

At least, that was the plan.

I hurt myself yesterday (seriously, a day before I start something like this?  How inconvenient can I get?) and have a bandaged finger now.  Trying to keep it dry and avoid alcohol while on meds puts a bit of a crimp in my plans for this blog.  Plus, I have do everything a little slower now.  But that's okay!  Plans can be changed, and while I'm healing up, I'll do my best to provide you with a roundup with information for the day's food.  Maybe even a recipe or two.  Once I get full use (or at least less-limited use of my hand) I'll get some pictures up as I attempt recipes.  In the meantime, this'll be a fairly drab blog with lots of text.  Le sigh.  But life tosses us curveballs and how we react to those is what defines us, no?

So, here's to 2012!  

No comments:

Post a Comment