Friday, March 9, 2012

March 9: National Crabmeat Day

Back on February 18th, Crab-stuffed Flounder Day, I spoke about using the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch when choosing seafood.  Hopefully, a second mention will encourage you to use it, too.  After you buy Seafood Watch-approved crab meat, how will you use it to celebrate National Crabmeat Day?  You can always make crab cakes.  Or how about a crab soup or bisque?  Or pair a crab dip with some chips, crackers, or vegetable sticks at your next party?

How'd I use my crabmeat?  I went with a simple pasta salad.  I quickly cooked the crab meat (even though it was already pre-cooked) to warm it up, cooked some pasta, microwaved frozen mixed vegetables, microwaved some fresh kale, chopped up some oil-packed sundried tomatoes, and then I mixed it all together.  All in all, pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment