Saturday, March 24, 2012

March 24: National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day

There really isn't a whole lot to say about chocolate covered raisins.  They're raisins, covered in chocolate.  I wonder if there are "gourmet" chocolate covered raisins - maybe... plump organic golden raisins covered in sustainably-grown dark chocolate with a sprinkle of sea salt? 

You could make your own chocolate covered raisins, but this is a food I don't think I'm going to ever make.  The time involved and the mess that results just makes it seem like buying is the better option here.  (Although, if you make your own, you could experiment with making "gourmet" chocolate covered raisins.  Hrm...)  I celebrated with some chocolate covered raisins from Trader Joe's. 

I guess the most famous brand of chocolate covered raisins are Raisinets.  Did you know that there are webisodes starring cartoon Raisinets?

No comments:

Post a Comment