Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4: Poundcake Day

Pound cake is one of those foods I used to love buying at the store.  It was always so perfect for topping with strawberries and whipped cream.  Then I found out why it was called "pound" cake and my brain just sort of revolted at the thought of that much butter, egg, and flour and I started eating it less and less.  Which really wasn't a bad thing to do, when you consider the calories and lack of health benefits.

I tried making this recipe from Chobani since I had some yogurt I wanted to use up quickly.  It came out less than spectacular and when I tried to rank it on the site I got some sort of error.   I baked it for ten minutes longer than recommended and it came out...  well, at first I thought it was just super moist, but as I cut closer to the middle, it was obviously undercooked.  This confused me because I had done the toothpick test and it came out clean, so maybe it was just super moist?   I wasn't too thrilled with the cake, so I froze it after slicing and have been eating it by toasting each slice on the stove in a frying pan and then spreading jam on it.   It's pretty good that way.

I won't be making that recipe again and since it's the second recipe I've tried to make from the Chobani website that didn't come out well, I doubt I'll be trying any recipe from them again.  I think maybe next time I'll try this Buttermilk Pound Cake recipe or Elvis Presley's Favorite Poundcake recipe, since both are very highly rated with many reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment