Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 18: National (Lacy) Oatmeal Cookie Day

Some calendars show today as Lacy Oatmeal Cookie Day while others simply list today as Oatmeal Cookie Day.  I figured making lacy oatmeal cookies would cover either day, so I decided to make this Lacy Oatmeal Cookie recipe from Mrs. Fields Secrets.  I had all the ingredients already and the recipe was very simple so this recipe beat out the others I looked at.


With just a few minutes of using a mixer and stirring by hand, the dough came together very quickly.  Make sure you follow the directions and only put the dough on the prepared cookie sheets in teaspoon amounts.  I made a couple of them a little larger than a teaspoon and they spread to the other cookies.  Plus, the larger the cookie, the harder it is to remove it without cracking.  I imagine you could shape these cookies if you work quickly as soon as you pull them out of the oven.

The cookies are very delicate and dainty.  I think they'd be perfect for a weekend brunch or a tea party.  They'd also make great decorations for ice cream sundaes or cakes.  They are a little greasy, so I'd recommend storing them with paper towels in between them.  Although, I don't think these cookies can be stored for very long- they seem the type that would be best consumed in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment