Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 26: National Pistachio Day

Internal Dialogue Time!  Setting: this morning, in front of my computer.  "La dee da dee da.  I should check what day it is.  Oh, National Pistachio Day.  That's cool... Hey, waitaminute, didn't this already happen?"

So I did some checking and, sure enough, I had talked about pistachios on January 26th.  I did some more checking and there are sites around that list National Pistachio Day as January 26th and some that list it as February 26th.  I'm thinking that this confusion might be due to the fact that California has a Statewide Pistachio Day in January (January 18th).  Well, I'm going to go with the assumption that today is Pistachio Day, since January 26th had another food observation (peanut brittle) and today does not. 

Well, to celebrate, I bought a package and enjoyed a handful of pistachios.  I thought about baking some pistachio and cherry biscotti but I couldn't bear to cook with that many pistachios - I just wanted to eat them!

Check out some interesting information about pistachios from Fooducate while you snack on pistachios today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment