Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 1: Baked Alaska Day

Now, I've heard of Baked Alaskas, but I've never had one.  Obviously, I've never made one either.  So I looked around to figure out what exactly a Baked Alaska is.  Back in 2007, Jessie over at CakeSpy got curious about Baked Alaskas and put together this amazing round-up of information.  Wow! That is a dessert I will someday have to make - it looks so complicated and challenging that I feel I must conquer it!  I just have to decide if I make it in the oven like Martha Stewart does, or do I use a torch like Alton Brown does?  I'm leaning toward the oven, so I don't have to buy a torch.  I am tempted to make a Baked Alaska, then turn it into a Bombe Alaska.

By the way, this is a food that has a reverse- an alternative universe counterpart, if you will - the Frozen Florida.  That sounds like it could be a lot of fun to make, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment