- Smitten Kitchen's Cream Cheese Brownies is a marbled brownie recipe adapted from Cook's Illustrated. It was also tweaked a couple of years later.
- Stylish Cuisine has a layered recipe that she declares is the best brownie she's ever had. Supposedly, these are best straight from the freezer.
- This cream cheese brownie recipe is a marbled type, but tatkes the short-cut of using a brownie mix. So does this Betty Crocker recipe.
- I really wanted to try this Joy of Cooking recipe, but I don't have any metal bowls.
- Like raspberries? Then you might want to try this recipe from Brown Eyed Baker that uses raspberries.
I put it in the oven anyways, wondering if the two batters would mix more while baking.
I baked it for 40 minutes and, since I also had trouble spreading it evenly in the pan, it cooked a little unevenly. The top of the cream cheese portion browned a little in spots.
It was tasty and the smell was so good that the brownies were cut long before it was completely cooled. It's a good recipe - very, very sweet - but definitely not a good recipe for those concerned with their weights.