Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 11: Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day and Peppermint Patty Day

I don't really have anything to say about Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day except...  did you catch President Obama's joke during the State of the Union speech?  Oh, and has anyone actually cried over spilled milk?  Anyone the age over five that is?

Okay, on to Peppermint Patty Day!  Peppermint patties are peppermint flavored discs  covered in chocolate.  I've never been a fan of the combination of chocolate and mint together, so this is another food I don't know a whole lot about.  The only peppermint patties I know of are York peppermint patties.  Those seem to be pretty popular.  You can also make your own.  Plus, I think they'd be great for decorating chocolate cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment