Friday, July 6, 2012

July 6: National Fried Chicken Day

Fried chicken.  When I look at nutritional information, I dislike it.  But when I smell fried chicken and I taste a perfectly seasoned one, I just don't care.  After about three or four bites though, I catch myself thinking about the (not-so-good) nutrition of fried chicken and I usually stop eating.

When it comes to fried chicken, I think KFC, Chik-fil-a and Popeye's are known all around the nation.  But when you're in the Southeast, there's a whole slew of fast food places that sell fried chicken, including the well known Zaxby's and Bojangles.  Fried chicken is very popular in the Southeast.  I'm not sure what the difference between Southern Fried Chicken and "regular" fried chicken is, mainly because, like barbecue, everyone has their own secret recipe.  You can use a deep fryer or you can use a skillet.  Either way, it's hard to mess up fried chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment