Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 31: National Raspberry Cake Day and Jump for Jelly Beans Day

I have today down as National Raspberry Cake Day and Jump for Jelly Beans Day.  Some sites report National Raspberry Cake Day as July 19th, but I'll be celebrating it today as that's what's on my calendar.  Some places are also reporting that today's National Cotton Candy Day, but I have that down for December 7th and since that's what the majority of sites are saying, I'm going with today is not National Cotton Candy Day.  Besides, there doesn't seem to be any other food celebration on Dec 7th, so I'm obviously going to talk about cotton candy then.

Anyhow, on to the food observances for today!



National Raspberry Cake Day

I'm not sure if this day is honoring raspberry-flavored cake or cakes topped with raspberryThis cake recipe uses raspberries, but it's a lot like a white cake with raspberries sprinkled in so there's not a cake-wide raspberry flavor.

Raspberries pair well with a variety of flavors and raspberry cakes are no exception.  There's Banana Raspberry, Chocolate Raspberry, Lemon Raspberry and Orange Raspberry cakes, just to name a few.  Some cakes use cream for a richer, creamier flavor.  Try buttermilk for a new flavor when baking your raspberry cake.



Jump for Jelly Beans Day

Jelly beans already had their day on April 22, so I'm not sure what to talk about here.  I must admit, why jump?  ABC2News can't find a reason (or perhaps CNN's Eatocracy can't, since the articles are the same.) Maybe it has something to do with this video about a pretty well-known theory of management.

No comments:

Post a Comment