Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27: National Scotch Day

I tried scotch once. 

We didn't agree and we decided to go our separate ways.

So I'm very lacking in knowledge when it comes to scotch, which is apparently a type of whisky.  (And I thought the correct spelling was only "whiskey," but it turns out that use of "whiskey" or "whisky" is dependent on country of origin.)  ScotchWhisky.net bills itself as the "definiteive online guide to whisky" and it sure looks like it is.  Everything from the distilling process to guidance for hosting whisky tasting parties is covered at ScotchWhisky.net.

You can find a brief history of scotch here and 61 cocktails using scotch here.  TheKitchn suggests four mixed drinks to ease you into liking scotch.  Apparently, you can't just like it, you have to learn to like it.  Which might be true, considering my experience.






NOTE:Some sites are saying that today is creme brulee day.  Others list July 21, which is when I celebrated it.  I'm sticking with July 21st as creme brulee day.

No comments:

Post a Comment