Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 3: National Chocolate Macaroon Day

So not too long after National Macaroon Day, it's National Chocolate Macaroon Day.  I decided to celebrate today by making some chocolate macaroons, opting for the coconut macaroon type because they're a lot easier and quicker to make and I'm still rather busy.  (Part of that is due to the fact that I bought 28 pounds of peaches last week and I really needed to get them in cans today.)

So to celebrate today, I choose to make this Chocolate Macaroons recipe from Epicurious.  It was an easy and fast recipe with minimal steps and ingredients - exactly what I was looking for.  The cookies are very light and very rich in chocolate flavor.  Maybe a little too rich - if I make this recipe again, I think I'll leave out the non-melted chocolate chips.  The chocolate flavor overwhelms the coconut, but that may be what some people are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment