Friday, June 15, 2012

June 15: National Lobster Day

I like all seafood, but I don't eat lobster all that much.  For some reason, most lobster dishes I've encountered tend to be cooked with cream or cheese and that just seems horribly wrong to me.  Seafood is best enjoyed without heavy sauces.

Anyhow, if you're choosing to enjoy National Lobster Day, be sure to choose a lobster that is Seafood Watch approved.  Not sure how to celebrate National Lobster Day?  Forbes has some ideas, as does Gadling.   If you're in Chicago, the Chicago Tribune has you covered.  Or, if you'd rather not eat and would prefer to read instead, Real Simple has a book recommendation for you

Not sure where to start?  I highly recommend Lobster Help.  There's pretty much everything you need to know about picking fresh lobster and cooking it all in that one website.

No comments:

Post a Comment