Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21: National Chocolate Covered Cashew Truffle Day

When I looked at my list of food observance days and saw today's honored food, I thought, "Wow, that's very specific."  I think most of the other foods have been vague enough that you can do so many variations on each.  This, though, it has to be cashew truffles covered in chocolate.  Oh, I suppose you can make variety by using different kinds of chocolate. 

Today was a day of Earth Day celebration (even though it's on Sunday, most places celebrate on Saturday) so no spending time in the kitchen making truffles for me.  Next time I need to make chocolate covered cashew truffles, I'll probably try this recipe from Garden County Cooking.  Or, if I want to do something different, I could make the bar version of today's treat.  Of course, I could always go the vegan route.

I suppose if you look hard enough, you can find a variation on even a very specific food.

No comments:

Post a Comment