Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 26: National Blueberry Cheesecake Day and National Cherry Dessert Day

Two holidays that really don't seem to go well together, but I suppose you could have blueberry cheesecake for breakfast and a cherry-based dessert after dinner.  Or you could have two desserts, or one as a snack, or....


National Blueberry Cheesecake Day

Most blueberry cheesecake recipes have you make a standard, plain cheesecake (either baked or just refrigerated) and then pour a blueberry topping over the finished cheesecake.  Some have you just put blueberries on top.  This recipe from Cooking Light changes it up a bit by having you mix in some blueberry puree with the filling. 

Really want to change it up a bit?  Try making Blueberry Cheesecake Flapjacks for breakfast.  Or make Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars.

If none of the above linked recipes appeal, check out a little bit of history on blueberry cheesecake and some recipe variations from Blueberry-Recipe.



National Cherry Dessert Day

I just got back a few hours ago and really had no time to celebrate today's food holidays.  Had I plenty of time, I would have made cherry dessert to celebrate.  Maybe a cherry empanadaCherry cheesecake sounds tempting, too, but seems inconsiderate of National Blueberry Cheesecake Day.  Cherry cookies would go well with tea or coffee.  Maybe I should do a cherry chocolate cake instead.  Or another cherry pie

Hrm... I have a piece of  frozen cherry pie in the freezer.  I think that will be my breakfast tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment