Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12: National Nutty Fudge Day

I don't know anyone who dislikes fudge.  Fudge is delightfully indulgent and is available in such a wide variety that you can probably find at least one flavor you like.  (Personally, if it has caramel on it, I'm going to like it.)  If I don't take it in to work to share with coworkers, fudge can last me a very long time.  I find myself unable to eat very much of it in one go - it's just too rich and sweet, even for my sweet tooth - so it very slowly nibbled at.

Going to the store and buying a piece of fudge is the easy way to celebrate the day.  (And totally what I'm doing.)  If you want to make your nutty fudge to celebrate today, there are a whole lot of options for recipes.  You have to decide what kind of nut or combination of nuts you want to use - peanuts, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, macadamias, etc.  You also have to decide if you want to stick with the traditional chocolate fudge or do you make another flavor, like white chocolate, peanut butter, or butterscotch

Nutty fudge is particularly delightful because the crunchy nuts provide a pleasant texture contrast to the creaminess of the fudge.   Then again, not everyone likes nuts, so if you don't like or can't eat nuts, stick to your favorite flavor of nut-free fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment