Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 28: National Milk Chocolate Day

Well, some places also list today as National Hamburger Day, but none of my calendars had today labeled as such and I feel like I've talked enough about hamburgers so I'm just going to focus on the fact that today is National Milk Chocolate Day. 

I used to like milk chocolate, but then I became an extremely dark chocolate fan.  Still, every now and then I have a small piece of milk chocolate and I just revel in the sweetness.  I always try to make sure I only buy "ethical" chocolate - chocolate that has no ties to child slavery and is sustainably grown.  And yes, a lot of chocolate is linked to child slavery.  Visit SlaveFreeChocolate.org for more information and a list of companies that are considered slave-free.

To celebrate National Milk Chocolate Day, People magazine offers up an 80's Milkshake recipe.  Try some chocolate for breakfast.  Chow Bella suggests a cocktail that is remarkably similar to spiked chocolate milk.

Check out the history of milk chocolate, courtesy of What's Cooking America.

No comments:

Post a Comment