Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12: National Peanut Butter Cookie Day

When I think of peanut butter cookies, I think of two types: the kind that use peanut butter as an ingredient and have the crosshatch pattern generated by fork tines and the kind that are actually two peanut butter flavored cookies with creamy peanut butter sandwiched in between them.  (When thinking of the latter, I immediately think of Girl Scout Cookies.) 

If you're like me, and you're finding that more and more of your friends have food restrictions, never fear!  Whole Foods has a recipe for gluten-free peanut butter cookies in the first style.  17 and Baking has a whole-wheat vegan version for you to try.  Too hot to turn the oven on?  Try these no-bake peanut butter cookies.  Want to incorporate more protein and fiber into your diet?  Yeah, I don't normally associate high-fiber and high-protein with cookies, but Weight Watchers has a peanut butter cookie recipe that calls for adding garbanzo beans.

Yeah, that last one sounds interesting enough that I'll have to try it after I return from traveling for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment